Father's Day Weekend 2016


This past weekend was Father's Day, and we celebrated all weekend long. Saturday, Jay and I went and bought a bunch of steak, burgers, and chicken and headed to my parent's house (Ouks had spent the night there). Jay barbecued everything up and we had a great late dinner. We had planned to eat outside but we were attacked by a mob of mosquitoes. 


Sunday was even more eventful. We headed over to Colasanti's Tropical Garden, a great place to go with the family! They have amazing food, an arcade, a mini golf course, a bunch of kid's rides, a petting zoo, an animal show, the cutest little shops, and you can even purchase your plants/flower and some small pets! 

We had brunch, which was a pretty decent buffet, with some great desserts (including their famous donuts!). Ouk's was adamant about mini golfing, so her, Papa (my dad), and Jay headed to the mini golf course to golf among the dinosaurs, fish, giraffe, and alligator (only the fish are real of course). 

 

Then it was time to head to the rides and arcade! 



Bumper cars! 


I think this was everyone's favorite. 


As we were leaving this nice gentleman and his two sons gave Ouks ALL of their tickets from the arcade! She was so excited to pick out her prizes.



Then for Gaga's (my mom) surprise for Ouks! She decided to name her Tella. So this is her first pet, Tella the fish. 



























My Message for the Fathers in My Life


Happy Father's Day firstly to my pops! We didn't always get along but when we really need him he always comes through for us. The man I get my stubbornness from and one half of the team that showed me how to work hard and stay determined! Thank you for loving Ouks and being an amazing Papa! 
Secondly, happy Father's Day to Ouks' grandpa Chris! Ouks absolutely adores you and is always saying how she misses you and can't wait to hang out with you. Thank you for loving her and always visiting when you're in the area.
Lastly Happy Father's Day to the man who gave me my not so little, baby! They doubted you and hated on you and you showed them that no matter what you would be there for your daughter and show her how loved she is. Ouks adores you and no one could ever take your place! ❤️❤️ Thank you for always teaching her right and for always encouraging her. ❤️❤️ You're an amazing father and I am so happy Ouks gets to call you her daddy!


All in all it was a pretty awesome weekend! Happy Father's Day to all those dad's out there who are actually there for their children and to all the dads that are looking down from heaven. 


What did you do to celebrate the father figures in your life?




Share:

0 comments